5 Super Human Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try At Home
Smoothie bowls are a double palatable and visual delight. A synesthetic symphony of tastes, textures, and colors arranged in an amazing display looking like a delicious painting that ignites your appetite and make you go “Wow!”
Smoothie bowls are boosted by imagination and inspired by the senses. A tasty poetry and a colorful explosion of ingredients. A healing bowl for all senses.
Why Are Smoothie Bowls So Awesome?
They know no limits in combinations of flavors, tastes, aromas, textures, colors, and healthy choices. You can pretty much use anything you like, want to eat and feel inspired to decorate with. Here, decoration is an important factor, just as important as adding superfoods and fresh fruits and veggies to it for your health.
An early boost of proteins and nutrients? Yes, please.
A refueling with pure energy after an intense exercising routine? Yes, I want it!
A light dinner that is all in one bowl satisfying, satiating, sweet, savory, and helps you sleep well and sound? Oh, mmm…!
A weight loss kick? Sure, here it comes!
You can target with it weight loss, replenishing energy or nutrients, detoxification, keeping the waistline slim and fine, cleaning your skin, enriching with proteins, etc.
Smoothie bowls serve your body with fruits, veggies healthy fats, fiber, protein, nutrients, hydration, superfoods, and plenty of energy.
You can top several layers or align several rows of different densities, flavors, colors and textures. You can arrange them in transparent glass bowls for a maximum of awesomeness. No limitations. Let your imagination fly.
Instead of drinking the smoothie, you actually make it thicker, add textures and colors, then you eat it. From a bowl.
- Smoothie base: bananas, avocados, nut butter, coconut milk, almond milk. Kick in the smoothie base with colorful fruits, veggies or powders: strawberries, blackberries, beets juice, kale, spinach, cocoa or carob powder
- Sprinkle on top any other ingredients that you feel inspired to add: seeds, nuts, granola, coconut flakes, fruits slices, berries, powders, leaves, etc.
5 Glorious Smoothie Bowl Recipes
1. Green Power-Up Pollen Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
This is an energy boosting bowl, full of powerful proteins, antioxidants, enzymes, and nutrients.
Pollen is one of the most complex foods as it contains almost all the nutrients that our body requires: vitamins, minerals, enzymes, bioflavonoids, carotenoids. It is made of 40% protein and half of them are free amino acids ready to be used by our body.
Spirulina is made of 60% protein and a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. It has 2800% more beta-carotene than carrots and 3900% more iron than spinach.
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Spinach
- ½ cup Kale
- 1-2 teaspoons Spirulina
- 1 tablespoon raw Honey
- Pumpkin seeds
- Bee Pollen
- Macadamia nuts (crushed)
Preparation (goes for all smoothies)
- Mix coconut water with the other ingredients in a blender, until smooth, creamy, and thick. Transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle the toppings in rows or in spirals, as dense or as fine as you like it. Add other ingredients if you want.
2. Fig Hearts Beet Cherries Super-Smoothie Bowl
Packed with powerful antioxidants, this smoothie bowl is as nutritious as it is delicious!
Acai berries are anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, stimulant for digestion, immune system, and brain. Beets improve digestion, protects liver, gives energy, boost stamina and brain power. Cinnamon and Cardamom are stimulant, digestive, boost immunity and fight colds.
- 2 large Bananas
- 1 cup Cherries
- 1 teaspoon Acai powder
- 1 pinch teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Cardamom (add to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw Honey
- 2-4 fresh Figs cut in half
- 2 tablespoons Coconut flakes or shreds
- Hemp seeds
3. Triple Resveratrol StrawSmoothie Bowl
Resveratrol is found in Grapes, Cocoa, and Peanuts and is one of the world’s best anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. If you’re preparing for an enduring training, start your day with this smoothie.
- 1 cup Cashew
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 1 Banana
- ½ cup Coconut water
- 4-6 pitted Dates
- 1 teaspoon Grape skin powder or grapeseed powder
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- ½ teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- (optional) 1 teaspoon Cocoa
- Strawberries cut in half
- Granola or oats flakes
- Coconut flakes
4. Berry Good Berries Smoothie Bowl
Berries are a b-ery good source of antioxidants, a great source of Vitamin C and phytonutrients with immune boosting and anti-inflammatory properties. They are packed with anthocyanin, which gives this smoothie bowl a vibrant purple color. Stay young, stay fit with this bowl.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Blackberries
- ½ cup Blueberries
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Banana slices
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Hazelnuts bits
- Almond slices
4. Almond Vanilla Chia Happy Smoothie Bowl
This bowl is rich in antioxidants, fibers, and healthy fats, and it gives you a kick of energy, dynamism and joy. It can help to boost metabolism, strengthen your heart, and revitalise the skin.
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 2 teaspoons Chia seeds
- ½ Vanilla bean
- 1 Banana
- 1-2 tablespoons raw Honey
- Corn flakes
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chia seeds
- Soak Chia seeds overnight. Blend the rest of the ingredients in the morning.
- Add the toppings.